Formerly known as the lodge it comprises an entrance archway and two lodges with linking railings and gates. It was built in about 1840 and is constructed from sandstone and the lodges have slate roofs, the railings and gates are made from cast iron.
Built in a classical style it has a tall round-headed archway Linking the archway to the lodge on each side is a short section of matching railings with a pedestrian gate in the centre. The lodges are square on plan and single storey.
Each has a low pyramidal roof with central chimney. In the front and rear wall of each is a rectangular recess with set-in Tuscan columns framing a doorway.