He picked up the ship in Manchester on 30 May 1945 for foreign destinations (from 1939 all the destinations is his log book are noted as being 'foreign') returning to South Shields on 30 June 1945. He was on her again leaving South Shields on 9 July 1945 returning to London on 15 November 1945.
She was built in 1922 by Furness Shipbuilding Co. at Haverton Hill (Yard No. 27) having a tonnage of 3490grt, length of 363ft 5in, beam of 52ft 2in and a service speed of 11 knots.
She was launched as Braziliana for Furness Withy but delivered in May 1922 to the Prince line as the Egyptian Prince. In 1946, after surviving the war, she was sold to Cie des Bateaux du Nord of Dunkirk and renamed Lorrain. Seven years later in 1953 she was acquired by Soc. Monegasque de Transports Maritimes of Monte Carlo and renamed Herculis. She was broken up in Toulon in February 1960.
Image reproduced with the kind permission of the Merchant Navy Association.