She was built in the Number 6 Boat House at Portsmouth Dockyard in 1915. Originally known as Pinnace 642 she was a 42ft rowing launch built by the Royal Navy for the Battleship HMS Sovereign (1915). The vessel was used for carrying supplies out to the ship and other duties and was manned by 38 seamen.
Constructed from teak she is 12.80m long with a 3.35m beam and 0.91m draught.
Gross Tonnage is 10t
Following her naval service she operated as a small ferry carrying people stores and livestock between the Hebridian Islands, she also worked as a mooring buoy tender and workboat. Although originally rowed she did have a 90hp Perkins engine installed although currently she is fitted with the diesel engine from a combine harvester.