The picture above is of the Southern Breakwater which was constructed at the beginning of the 20th Century and together with the Eastern Arm and Admiralty Pier formed part of the harbour enclosure.
It is constructed of large granite blocks and during WWI and WWII formed part of the ports defences housing gun and search light emplacements, barrack blocks, magazines and other facilities for the troops who manned the guns.
Some of the gun encasements can be seen in the photograph above.
A station has been on this site since 1842.
Again this is a round cast iron tower with lantern and gallery. This lighthouse replaced a 9 m tower built in 1876. It is located at the end of the pier which extends 1220 m out into the sea enclosing the Western side of Dover Harbour.
This lighthouse was built in 1902 and is a round stone tower with lantern and gallery. It is located at the end of the pier which separates the outer and inner harbours.
The Prince of Wales Pier was named after Edward VII who as Prince of Wales, laid the foundation stone in 1892.
The Pier opened in 1902 and at the time was constructed of stone with a section of cast iron pier connecting it to land. It had ship berths along its length which at the time were capable of accommodating some of the largest ships afloat.
In 1905 a railway track was laid along the pier.
In 1978 the cast iron section close to land was filled in with concrete as part of construction of the Western Docks Hoverport.