The fountain is located within the park near the South end of the lake and was designed by Lewis HornBlower and Edouard Andre who were responsible for the design of the park.
The fountain has a sandstone base and canopy supported by granite or marble pillars with four iron water basins, under the canopy are entwined dolphins.
The controls for the fountain are now blanked off and the feature sadly no longer works.
The fountain dates to 1872 when the park was opened by Prince Arthur.
Judging from the wear to the sandstone base this has in the past been a popular feature and has been used by countless visitors to the park.