She was built in 1959 for £171,541 by Philip & Son, Dartmouth, Devon, England (Yard No. 1312) having a length of just over 38m, beam of 8.12m and draft of 4.99m.
Ordered in September 1958 by Mersey Docks & Harbour Board she was launched on 9 September 1960 and from 1960 to 1972 was used on BAR Station.
On 4 September 1972 she was sold to Trinity House London and became No.23 in their fleet. Working at Kentish Knock until 1975 she was the last light vessel to be withdrawn from this station.
From 1975 to 1979 she was on Varne Station and from 1979 to 1989 worked the Channel Station.
In 1991 she was sold to Pounds Marine Services and towed to Portsmouth.
In 1992 she was sold again and brought to Cammell Laird´s Wet Basin and later to Birkenhead. Since 1992 she has been sold numerous times and is now a floating bar.