This is just one of the ships four propellers, of the other three one remains with the ship trapped by her wreckage against the seabed, another is located in an art garden in Dallas, Texas with the last having been reportedly melted down and turned into commemorative golf clubs.
RMS Lusitania was built for Cunard by John Brown & Co. Clydebank, Scotland as Yard Number 367 and was launched 7 June 1906. She had a GRT of 31,550 and was 239.9m long with a beam of 26.5m and 10.2m draught.
Powered by four direct acting Parson steam turbines producing 76,000 hp via four quadruple blade propellers she had a top speed of approximately 26.7 knots.
A holder of the blue riband on both the East bound and West bound runs and one of the largest ships of her time she was on her way to Liverpool from New York when on 7 May 1915 she was torpedoed and sunk in 91m of water by German U-Boat U-20 approximately 11 miles off the Old Head of Kinsale Lighthouse with great loss of life.