She was built in Amsterdam by the De Vries Lentsch ship yard with steel frames and teak planking.
During the Second World War the vessel was taken to the Dutch town of Jutplaces where she was hidden in a remote backwater. After the War she was completely restored by the yard that built her but with a new rig replacing her original gaff rig. In 1956 she took part in the first ever Tall Ships race.
In 1962 she was sold to Swiss owners where she sailed around the Mediterranean, in the 1970's she made many crossings across the Atlantic between the West Indies and Mediterranean ports and in the 1980's she sailed through the Panama Canal and up the East coast of the USA to Canada.
Sold to her current owners in 1989 she was completely restored with her original gaff rig and returned to sailing in 2007.
Overall she is 22m long (+ bowsprit) with a 6m beam and 3.2m draught. Her tallest mast is 25.7m high.
Complement is 16 crew members.
She now operates as a Sail Training ship.
Photographed just North of the Albert Dock in Liverpool on 29 April 2015.
MMSI - 235062552
Call Sign - 2ASG3