Although she is now a houseboat she was originally ordered on 27 August 1940 and commissioned on 23 August 1941 as Fairmile C Class Motor Gun Boat MGB 320.
Built by William Osborne Ltd of Littlehampton, England she was part of 12th Flotilla.
Powered by 3 Hall-Scott Defender Petrol Engines (2700 bhp) she had a maximum speed of 26.5 Knots and range of 500nm at 12 kts. Her overall length was 33.53m with a 5.31m beam and 1.73m draft.
Originally she had a crew of 16 personnel and was armed with 2 Pdr Guns, 20mm Oerlikon AA Guns and 4 No. depth Charges.