Ship depicted is the RMS Mauretania in her dazzle camouflage which she carried in the later stages of the First World War.
During the war she operated as a troop ship and hospital ship.
She was ordered in 1904 and built by Swan Hunter, Tyne & Wear, UK. She was laid down in August 1904, launched September 1906 and her maiden voyage was on 16 November 1907. Retiring from service in 1934 she was scrapped at Rosyth in 1935.
GRT was 31,938 and she was 240.8m long with a 26.8m beam and 10.1m draft.
Propulsion was via Parsons steam turbines and initially triple bladed propellers which were later changed to four bladed versions.
She could carry 2,165 passengers.